MISS CHARMING'S BOOK OF CRAZY COCKTAILS
BY CHERYL CHARMING
Review by Barb & Ron Kroll
Miss Charming's Book of Crazy Cocktails
(Three Rivers Press) ISBN 0609809148
Charming shares her black book of crazy recipes for luscious libations, collected during 22 years of bartending. Her book boasts "more than 200 wild ways to wet your whistle."
Grouped in chapters like Bodacious Boy Toy Concoctions, Totally Cool College Cocktails, Scrumptious Candy Shoppe Cocktails and Sultry After-Dinner Drinks, recipes are fun to make and drink.
No photos. A few black and white sketches.
There's a chapter on bartender lingo, barware, glassware, mixers and alcohol flavors. Some recipes feature special touches like chocolate-coated spoons, flambéed orange peel and licorice straws.
Shaved White Chocolate Wedding Cake. Greek Goddess of Love. Gingerbread House in a Cup for Two. Tequila Passion Shot. Boogie Nights Margarita. Midsummer Nights Dream.
- Miss Charming's Lingo, Barware, Mixers, Measures and Flavor Guide
- Amazing Critter Cocktails
- Awesome Quick-draw Shots and Shooters
- Bodacious Boy Toy Concoctions
- Excellent Name-Dropper Cocktails
- Totally Cool College Cocktails and Shooters
- Fabulous Picture Show Cocktails
- Fantabulous Special Occasion and Party Creations
- Out-of-This-World Cocktails
- Scrumptious Candy Shoppe Cocktails
- Sultry After-Dinner Drinks
- Looking for a Recipe?
Cheryl Charming used to teach bartending at Walt Disney World.